11.10.2008

CHAOS...

All I can say is that we have had one chaotic week. Between school, dance, singing, dentist appointments, eye appointments, family home evening, baptisms for the dead, preparing a YW lesson, three trips to Richfield, one trip to Venice, one trip to Park City, some badly needed fall yard work, & not to mention work, I have been a complete blogging slacker!!! So I will apologize now & just post some of my favorite pictures of the week along with a short explanation.
On Monday for Family Home Evening we smashed our pumpkins (thanks for the great idea Tara) & made cupcakes. If any of you know Addison well, you will completely understand this picture. SHE IS THE MESSIEST EATER EVER!!! Don't ask me how the icing ended up all over her chest? Oh yea, & if some of you are wondering what the giant contusion on her head is, it's just a carpet burn she acquired while her big sis was dragging her across the floor because "supposedly" she wouldn't get out of her way. On Thursday I bought Alivia some rice cereal just in case she got hungry while I was at the temple. Fortunately, she slept most of the time & didn't need it. So Friday morning was her "inaugural feeding". Of course she L...O...V...E...D... it!!! She has been eyeing our food for months now so it was about time I finally gave in. And anyways, it's not like she needs another source of food. I mean look at our chunky monkey (pretty cute if you ask me)!!

Braydan took his first day off in a long time on Friday (holiday scrapbook retreat Saturday doesn't count). We opted to get some yard work done because it was such a nice day. The girls were pumped to spend most of the day outside. Aren't they cute all bundled up in their beanies & mittens? (Sorry about Ainsley's red eyes. I have no desire or time at the moment to edit those babies!)Lately it seems like every night after dinner Ains & Addi head downstairs to get "gorgeous" for their nightly "performance". They spend at least 30 minutes picking out their outfits, putting on make up, & doing their hair. Some days as they make their way back up the stairs it is all Braydan & I can do to keep a straight face, especially with Addison. This night she had on not just one, but two dresses & a concealed skirt underneath those (maybe it was to give her dresses some added volume?!?). They both adorned their brand new snow boots & some groovy hair accessories. Once they are ready, they take turns singing their own original songs & dancing (usually just running around in circles). It is hilarious!!! They are both so dang cute.

I love my cute kids!!! They make my "chaotic" life all worth it.

6 comments:

Tweeb and Danyette said...

They are all so cute. It is fun to see just everyday pictures, they are the best. Are they dancing in the front room? It looks different

Tara said...

Glad you tried smashing pumpkins - did they like it? I love the dress ups and performances! SO CUTE!! I had to laugh at the big carpet burn - sounds like your house is crazy like mine! FUN TIMES!
Tara

Stephanie said...

Those are some super cute pictures. It looks like there is never a dull moment in your house.

K'Brina Colby said...

I love the fashion show. How cute is that. You are the best mom. I get mad when my kids go through their closets. I have a hard enough time getting the clothes folded and put away the first time, let alone to do it twice. Your awesome!

Anonymous said...

LOVE her cute lil knickers I would have those off in a heartbeat and lickherpussy

Anonymous said...

no kidding!! All 5 of my granddaughters have had their licked and the 2 youngest still do