You are FIVE YEARS OLD today & I can not believe it. It seems just like yesterday that I was huge, swollen, & laying in a horrible motel room trying to sleep (ha ha) when we got the call about your Great Grandpa Stewart. It was Memorial Day weekend & Great Grandpa had went camping in the Uintah Mountains with Grandpa George when he had a massive stroke. He was life flighted to the University of Utah Hospital for evaluation. We (Daddy & Mommy) drove into Salt Lake to meet Grandpa George. Your Great Grandpa Stewart was not doing very well & had to be monitored very closely. I was able to go see Great Grandpa after a while. As soon as I walked into the room where he was I started to cry. I was very sad because Great Grandpa was one of my very best friends for he was my only neighbor as a child. He took care of me & now it looked as though we were going to be taking care of him. I gave Great Grandpa a kiss & hug & walked out of the room. I went back to the waiting room to sit down because I wasn't feeling well. Daddy had decided that he had better get back to the booth (we were working at a show in South Jordan) because all of the contestants from the horse show would be there to buy our products. I gave Daddy a kiss & a hug & off he went. Minutes later, I started getting faint pains in my belly. I didn't think much of it but after about two hours they were getting worse. Aunt Danyette & I decided to head down to the maternity ward to hook me up to a monitor. Sure enough, I was in labor. We made our way back up to the waiting room to tell the ENTIRE Stewart family (that is not an exaggeration) that I was going to be having a baby soon. I called Daddy to let him know what was going on & he couldn't believe it. He was so nervous. We had to make a big decision, go home & have you or stay here & have you? Dr. Dixie was out of town so another doctor would have to deliver you if we went home. Plus, there was a good chance that we wouldn't even make it home & Daddy would have to deliver you in the car (ewe!). It was also Memorial Day weekend, one of the worst weekends to drive so we decided to stay in Salt Lake to have you. Besides, the whole family was already at the hospital anyways. I told Daddy to stay at the booth until I called him & he reluctantly agreed. At about 5:00 pm I called Daddy. He was at the hospital in no time. We decided to drive back to the motel to gather up our stuff & relax for a minute. It was time to go! We walked out to the car slowly & drove really fast. All night long I was in labor & finally at 11:47 am you were here!!! You were the most beautiful baby we had ever seen. You had lots of dark brown hair & looked just like your Daddy. You weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce & was 20 1/4 inches long. You were PERFECT!!!

You're still perfect & we all love you very much. We hope you have a great day. Happy Birthday Ains!!!

Dad, Mom, Addison, & Alivia


Butler Family said...

I can't believe she's five!What an awesome story! I'm glad you didn't try driving home that night....that could have been crazy!! Oh, they grow up too fast!

Travis and Cristan said...

I love that story!

Happy Birthday Ains! We love you and feel so lucky to have watched you grow up.

Hone Family said...

Can you believe it 5 years old already???? WOW, we'll be there in a couple of months. I can't even believe I will have a 5 year old. Happy Birthday Ainsley!!!!Hope your day was AWESOME!!!

Dawn Rae said...

I never knew that all happened at the same time! What a crazy week for your family. Kindergarten here we come.

The Dirt & Rock Crew said...

Misty your blog is cute, I can't believe your oldest is 5. Can your remeber all the crazy things we did when we were young, we are getting old these days. Your family is beautiful take care!!